Individual Plan FAQs
At Delta Dental of North Carolina, we strive to provide superior customer service. It is important to us to answer every inquiry quickly, professionally, and accurately. For more information or to get a quote, click here or call Customer Service at (800) 971-4108.
How will I be billed by Delta Dental for my dental coverage?
If you choose monthly payments, premiums will be automatically withdrawn from the credit card or checking account you enter when you enroll. Members paying annually also have the option to pay with a personal check.
What type of credit cards do you accept?
The following credit cards are accepted: VISA, American Express, MasterCard and Discover.
What is not covered by my plan?
Download the Individual Plan brochure for more information on covered services, exclusions and limitations.
Are there waiting periods?*
There are no waiting periods for preventive treatments such as cleanings and exams. There are waiting periods on such services as periodontics, as well as minor and major restorative procedures.
Will there be a deductible?*
- Delta Dental Individual Plans A and B have a $75 annual deductible for individuals and a $225 annual deductible for families.
- Delta Dental Individual Plan C has a $50 annual deductible for individuals and a $150 annual deductible for families.
What is the annual maximum?*
- Delta Dental Individual Plans A and B have an annual maximum of $1,000.
- Delta Dental Individual Plan C has an annual maximum of $500.
Are orthodontics/braces covered?*
Orthodontic services are not covered under Delta Dental Individual Plan A, B or C.
Is tooth whitening covered?*
Tooth whitening is not covered under Delta Dental Individual Plan A, B or C.
Are white/composite fillings covered?*
- Delta Dental Individual Plan A covers 60% of the allowed fees for a white/composite filling.
- Delta Dental Individual Plan B covers 70% of the allowed fees for a white/ composite filling.
- Delta Dental Individual Plan C covers 50% of the allowed fees for a white/ composite filling.
How long is my policy in effect?
The initial coverage period is 12 months.
If necessary, how can I cancel my policy?
If you decide this coverage isn’t for you, simply let us know within 10 days of receiving your Dental Benefits Policy. Your Policy will arrive with your welcome package.
For answers to more common questions about our benefit plans, visit the Understanding Your Benefits section.
Discover the Delta Dental Individual Plan:
*The above information provides only a sample of benefits. For complete coverage details, click here or call Delta Dental Customer Service at (800) 971-4108.